The Labour Welfare Fund Act, 1953
The Act has been constituted for financing of activities to promote welfare in the respective states.
The Act is applicable to all the companies that have 5 or more persons employed.
Includes all employee, including employee through contractor, except those working in the managerial or supervisory position and drawing wages more than Rs. 3,500/- per month.
|Salary||Employees Contribution||Employers Contribution||Total|
|Salary up to 3000/-||6.00||18.00||24.00|
|Salary from 3001/- & Above||12.00||36.00||48.00|
For the month of June & December on or before 15th July or 15th January respectively and the contribution needs to be deposited with the "Welfare Fund Commissioner" in Form A-1.
Any dues payable to any employee remains unpaid for more than 3 years has to be deposited to Maharashtra Labour Welfare Board with in such time as prescribed under the Act.
"Unpaid Accumulations-All Payments Due to the employees but not made to them within a period of 3 years from the date on which they became due including unpaid Wages, Gratuity, Bonus."
Labour Law Consultancy
- The Shop and Establishment Act, 1948
- The Labour Welfare Fund Act, 1953
- The Employees Provident Fund and MP Act, 1952
- The Employee State Insurance Act, 1948
- The Profession Tax Act
- The Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972
- The Payment of Bonus Act, 1965
- The Maternity Benefits Act, 1961
- The Minimum Wages Act, 1948
- The Payment of Wages Act, 1936
- The Equal Remuneration Act, 1976
- The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970
- The Apprentices Act, 1961